Benefit Roller Lash Klout Perk Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. How to Enter: To enter the Benefit Roller Lash Klout Perk Contest from 10:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (CST) on March 16, 2015 to 11:59 A.M. CST on April 17, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”), share a selfie across your social networks of you and two of your besties showing off your roller lashes using the hashtag #curlfriends. To be a valid entry, your share communication must include the hashtag #curlfriends and must be sent during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) entry per person and per day throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received in excess of the above-stated limitation will be void. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices or programs, script, macro or any other means which subvert the entry process will be void and will result in disqualification. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 A.M. CST on April 17, 2015 to be eligible.
2. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older and located within the United States at the time of entry and are registered members of Klout.com. Void outside the United States and District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Benefit Cosmetics, and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, the judging organization, and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons residing in the same household, whether or not related, of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. Prizes: Ten (10) Prizes: Each prize is $750.00, awarded as products or a gift card to the winner and the friends in her winning selfie. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the winner.
4. Prize Restrictions: Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Sponsor is not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with any prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value. All applicable federal, state or local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of the winner. If eligible winner is 21 years of age but still deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award such prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about 04/17/2015 (the “Drawing Date”), the Promotion Sponsor, Klout (Lithium Technologies) will select the (10) winners in a random drawing, from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Random drawing will be conducted by the Promotion Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Klout will track all social actions throughout the promotion. The winner will be notified by e-mail using the information provided within their official Klout profile, within one day of the Drawing Date. Potential winners will be subject to compliance with these Official Rules and may be subject to verification of potential winner and Guest’s eligibility. In the event the winner does not accept the prize within twenty four hours (24) hours of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be contacted. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Promotion Sponsor for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
6. Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor, Prize Provider, and their agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law) all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Entities; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity.
07. Choice of Law: Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco, CA. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to California choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
08. Winners List: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed envelope (postage not required) within sixty (60) days of the Promotion End Date to the Promotion Sponsor.
09. Promotion Sponsor:
Lithium Technologies, Inc.
225 Bush Street, 15th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Prize Provider: Benefit Cosmetics
10. Notice: The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
11. Copyright @2012 Klout, Inc. All rights reserved. Klout, Inc. and the associated logo are registered trademarks of Lithium Technologies, Inc. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.